Monday, March 8, 2010

the opportunity arises...

So back to my sewing list I go! Last night I FINALLY got up the gumption to cut out an easter dress for the princess. I cute fru fru one. I made an xl infants size since dd normally runs small (seriously - I can still fit her into some of her 12 mths pants and she's 2!) WHY OH WHY do they not put measurements on baby clothes? I just don't understand! I've already done an "uh oh" that may be a problem... I forgot to wash the fabric. The COTTON fabric. whoops! I'm hoping it doesn't shrink too much. I BARELY had enough to cut out the dress. Should be fine... hoping it will be fine... better pray hard and call this a lesson to learn by.

another opportunity has arisen though too not sure what to do about it. I just had one dear friend that moved away and found out that ANOTHER friend is moving in june or july. *sniff sniff* You guys may not know me... I have a couple CLOSE friends that I can tell anything to and are practically family (sometimes closer than family) and then I have friends that we hang out but I wouldn't say that we were super close (ie. I have a friend getting married, my daughter is in her wedding, my husband is in her wedding *I* am NOT. and I'm ok with that!) But these 2 women who are or have moved, are the "might as well be family" kind. and that hurts. I will miss them dearly... er... that sounds like a funeral. it's not! I'm just going to miss getting to go hang out with them whenever. The one lady too works for my in laws... I would love to be able to help them out ( they run a non-profit) but before I quit my (ok paying job) to work for free, I have a LOT of things to consider. *sigh* pray pray pray,.... or as my grandad was fond of saying "push: pray until something happens"

No comments: